Association for the Advancement of International Education
February 7th, 2018
Despite billions of dollars spent equipping classrooms with modern technology, highly reliable integration of these digital tools to accelerate student achievement remains elusive (Magana & Marzano, 2014). While this is a “wicked problem” with many variables, educational systems would clearly benefit from a structured approach to adding value through technology integration that helps educators and leaders: (1) Address the current use of classroom technologies, (2) Establish clear goals for continuous growth and mastery, and (3) Measure and track progress towards those goals.
In this interactive session, award-winning educational futurist, Dr. Sonny Magana will share the T3 technology integration framework from his new book, Disruptive Classroom Technologies: A Framework for Innovation in Education. The T3 Framework is designed to disrupt the current narrative about educational technology by contextualizing its use into 3 distinct stages: Translational, Transformational, and Transcendent. Grounded in sound research and theory, the T3 Framework is designed to provide more precise, timely, and actionable feedback to support educational technology use that reliably unleashes students’ limitless learning potential.
The main objective of this proposed session is to introduce participants to the T3 Framework, a technology integration model that was designed to support the development of collective efficacy for leaders, teachers, students, and education stakeholders who are keen to identify the synergies—the “sweet spots”—where technology most reliably supports, augments, and enhances classroom teaching and learning.
Participant learning outcomes will include:
- Awareness of research trends regarding technology integration;
- Understanding a new, more precise language to consider, communicate, and enact highly reliable teaching and learning strategies with technology;
- Guidance for self-reflection on current application of technology integration principles and practices;
- Guidance on using the T3 Framework to support continuous growth and mastery of highly reliable teaching and learning strategies with technology;
- Guidance on using the T3 Framework to unleash the collective efficacy of leaders, teachers and students to accelerate modern teaching and learning practices across whole learning systems.